Friday, October 3, 2008
The finer things
Today on our way to the park, Harper saw a sporty little convertible Mercedes and she gasped and said, "Oh Mommy! Look at that fast car--is that a RACE car?" I told her that technically it was not but that it probably was quite speedy. "I WANT that convertible Mercedes, Mommy!" So I told her that when she got to be a big and could buy her own car she was more than welcome to chose whatever car she wished. She pondered that for a minute and said, "When I get to be big I WILL buy a Mercedes with a convertible." Then a pause. "And I will climb trees."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Yeah, she can buy one. After she pays me back for whatever education I have provided that, in turn, has allowed her such extravagances. I would hope to inculcate right sentiments toward cars. Land Rover, I say, Land Rover. Or Honda.
Patti,
I just finished reading The Mitten to Carrigan for a bedtime story. Make me think of you. Remember bringing that back and giving it to Korban? Seems like yesterday. Ahhhh, made me miss you like crazy. I would love to have lunch w/ you....tomorrow if I could.
-CY
Speaking of FINER THINGS. Happy Birthday!
I'm not going to the reunion. Too much going on w/ history fair for Korban, Kyler's scouts, Ken's dissertation....need I say more? It's too much of a whirlwind trip to make it worth our time and efforts. I would love to see you and Kathy, but maybe a girl's weekend would be better? : )
Here's to hoping we'll make the
25th reunion.
CY
PS He has an interview in Nov......at Lamar. What?!? Is that a moan I hear coming from Houston? It would be a collective moan from Waco, too. I hate to smack the hand of God, because we are praying for a job, but Lamar? Who knows what might come of it. There's an opening at MCC here in Waco we're hoping might work out.
Lamar? Sounds good to me. I better put my name in the hat.
Yes, Seymour, do put your name in at Lamar. Maybe then I'd be more willing to move there if a good friend, besides my hubby, were moving w/ me! : ) Hurricanes, refineries, Friday night football in SE Texas.....I can think of nothing finer.
CY
I checked for bus law positions and there are none posted. But I did look.
Post a Comment