Monday, June 23, 2008

Maybe I'm biased


But I think there's a fair amount of cute sitting on my sofa. Hudson's hair was particularly fluffy that day.
Yesterday while she was enjoying a book on the potty, Harper got contemplative for a moment and then this:

Harper: Why do all of the kids in this book have joyful hearts?
me: What do you think?
Harper: I think when I get to be a grown up, THEN I'll be nice to Hudson.
me: I wonder why it's so hard for you to be kind to Hudson right now.
Harper: I don't want him to come close to me because I don't want to SMELL him.

I refrained from pointing out the obvious irony in the timing of her proclamation.

4 comments:

Ken said...

Here's one for you: I walked in the front door after getting the mail only to hear Kane, my sweet red-head 8 year old, yelling for me from the bathroom. I race to the door and frantically ask him if he's alright. He replies, "Yea, but I just wanted you to know the brownies are ready." Ugh, life with boys is never dull. : )

Patti said...

The brownies are ready. Wow. That is simultaneously so creative and so very disgusting.

Ken said...

Hey,
I have another documentary for you to watch. It's "Life After Tomorrow". It's about the women who played in Annie on Broadway and on tour and how that impacted their lives-pros and cons. VERY interesting to watch. Especially for me since, I'm sure you remember, I so wanted to be someone like that as a child. Much different now that I have my own children. Watch it and let me know what you think.

Patti said...

Oooo-yes. I will definitely see it. I remember having a magazine that was all about the nation-wide search to cast Annie for the movie and I read it until it fell apart.
I've been meaning to email about Darren but we had an unexpected trip to PN. Hope all is well there.