Our rent is going up $300 a month; $600 if we go month to month. That's right. For just under 900 square feet. We'll be moving. Again.
Today we went to the library. Harper fell off the curb and skinned her knee. Once inside, Hudson fell and cut his lip open while trying to get a better view of the book Harper and I were reading. It bled rather impressively, he wailed very loudly, and Harper did not get to finish her book which left her cranky. We got home and I put Hudson in the highchair so I could wash Harper's hands and when we came back into the kitchen he was chewing on his shoe. Picturing all of the invading microbes rushing into his cut lip, I overreacted. "OH HUDSON--Nooooo!" And this is just too much for the little wounded one. His poor swollen lip makes an upside-down "U" and he starts weeping. As I'm getting him out of the highchair to comfort him, Harper's puppy apparently falls and hurts his lip too and Harper decides that the best way to comfort him is to start crying as well. So, because misery loves company, I joined them. There we sat, for about 5 minutes, having a good old fashioned catharsis. Then we dried ourselves off, had some lunch, and took (Lord willing) very long naps.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Not a very happy May Day for you guys. Perhaps I should send you some buffalo burgers to console you.
$300 - yeesh!
I certainly do not believe killing a defenseless animal and then eating its flesh is of much consolation. Animals are not for eating.
Furthermore, dead animal putrefies and sticks to your intestines like paste.
600 more a month for two bedroom apartment is way too much unless it includes a butler. In that case, I would consider the deal to be fair.
P.G. Wodehouse's Jeeves would be a nice fit.
pasty buffalo intestines - wow!
let those that eat be done away with!
i meant to say those who eat meat be done away with - clearly we should all be vegans or veggie-tarians
These comments should be in the liner notes of Moby's next album. Even though everyone else in my family is free of intestinal paste, I eat cheeseburgers approximately once a quarter and chicken more often than that. I also love cheese as much, if not more, than Wallace and Gromit do.
HAAARRRRRRPPPPPPPPEEEEERRRRRRR
Harper wanted to type her name so I let her.
Grommit. Is a pal.
"Mama said there'd be days like this..." I certainly empathize with you, Patti, and likewise, am so grateful for these mere sporadic interventions in life that give us so much perspective. Sorry to hear about your rent.
Post a Comment