I feel kind of popular because people keep emailing me and telling me that they want me to be their Facebook friend. And by people I mean five (5). My Canadian friend Dennine was first around six months ago. I emailed her back and said I didn't really know what Facebook was, but that here in the U.S. I thought it was mainly for college students. Apparently not. I just spent a few minutes very tentatively poking around and I just don't feel comfortable there. I can't really figure out what to do and honestly, I don't want to. The blog is enough for me right now. Even if it's old fashioned and slow and quaint. I don't really care.
Did you know that one of only two known surviving U.S. World War I veterans died on February 11? He was 108.
Did you know that in Tacoma, Washington, transit officials are piping in classical music at malls and bus stops to discourage loitering and reduce disorderly behavior? Apparently it is scaring away the gangs. This is fascinating to me on so many levels.
We live around 10 minutes from the zoo and we usually go at least once a week with our friends. We went twice this week and the first visit ended with Hudson getting pooped on by (we hope) a bird. He was utterly oblivious, but we headed home for a shampoo anyway. The next visit should have probably ended before it started because Harper counted twenty school buses lined up out front. My already eroding faith in our public schools suffered a mighty blow, I must confess. Some of the groups seemed fairly well maintained, but the majority seemed under-supervised and wild. Perhaps I should have played some classical music. Incidentally, Hudson seems to have a Way With Animals. It's probably why the bird chose to poop on his head. He especially enjoys talking to the new baby giraffe. Harper enjoys the bats, the meercats, picking up sticks, galloping around with her friend Izzy and riding the fake animals on the carousel.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
i look forward to seeing you on facebook someday
Post a Comment