We generally strive for a very slow-paced summer, but this one is perhaps a bit TOO slow. We really thought we'd be moving, so aside from our May road trip to Colorado, I literally cleared the calendar. Which means that we have had two entire months of...sleeping late, tidying the house for the MANY (going on 60!) showings, going to the pool, reading aloud, Legos, and trips to the library and the grocery store. It sounds better than it is, because at some point yesterday, while I was ordering the last of our school books, I heard the kids singing a song they had composed, in rather off-key 3-part harmony, as they built with Legos: "I LOVE YOU WITH EVERY MOLECULE OF MY SPLEEN." Well, I thought to myself, that seems to be the death knell for us ever being able to re-enter normal society ever again. Also, the sad fact remains, that for all the 3-part harmony, there has been SO VERY MUCH SIBLING DISCORD AND OVERALL MEANNESS.
So, I guess the happy summary is that my kids are going to end up loathing one another, and also, as a treat, not have a single friend not related to them who can abide their tendency to sing about Love and Spleens. Here they are, sometime last fall, with the wagon my parents have kept since I was a wee lass. They were, NATURALLY, re-enacting scenes from Calvin and Hobbes. Because that is totally what the cool kids do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment