Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Backblog: October 2017

Walk with me down Memory Lane to the fall of 2017. We had settled back into routines. I woke up on Mondays and Wednesdays at 5am in order to leave at 6 am in order to arrive at school at 7 am. The husband drove the kids to school the entire year, and picked up Hudson and Helena most days as well. I really enjoyed working as an aide in a kindergarten classroom and in P.E. I taught a 2nd grade drawing class at the end of each day, and it was mostly delightful. I got a beautifully illustrated Christmas card from one of my students that read, "MRS. H YOU TEACH GOOD ART!!!!!!!!!!" That might just need to be my epitaph.

Halloween involved a torrential downpour, a very late dinner with friends at Escalantes, and trick-or-treating after everyone else in their neighborhood had long gone. Hudson was a ninja, Helena was a blue Morpho butterfly, and Harper was a bald eagle. She made her own costume, and it was quite something. She generally continues to amaze me with her artistic endeavors. Here are her wings:

 Our crew, still going strong, since 2008:

 London cityscape, for her art class:


No comments: