Our school, since we only have two campus days per week, does not spend any of that time doing traditional parties. Instead, whenever classes finish the books the teachers read aloud, there is a book party at the end of the day during which kids can dress as their favorite character from the book. I present Wilbur from Charlotte's Web for your viewing pleasure:
I tried to buy a pink shirt at Hobby Lobby the day before the party and there was nary a pink t-shirt to buy. And would you believe we didn't already own a plain pink shirt? Because we did not. So. I spent $5 on a yard of pink fleece and then spent 45 minutes sewing three seams (by hand because even though my friend Maggie loaned me a sewing machine 2 years ago, I still can't figure out the bobbin.) on this Pig Tunic Extraordinaire.
Wilbur especially enjoyed holding Templeton the rat. Her classmate especially enjoyed unfurling her piggy tail. It was RADIANT.

1 comment:
What an adorable Wilbur!
I sympathize with the sewing woes. Years ago, my mother gave me her old sewing machine...which sat unused in my apartment when I was a newlywed...until I finally admitted that it is more blessed to give than to receive, and I gave it away to someone who could actually use it. My brain must be missing the correct wiring for sewing, because it has never made a lick of sense to me! So I'm impressed by the outfit you whipped up for your Wilbur. :)
Post a Comment