1. Hudson had to stay home from school today. Our first absence. He had a fever, and then he threw up. He made it into our bathroom, which was a relief. He did not quite make it to the toilet, and, unfortunately, SEVEN pairs of the husband's dress pants were draped in the environs of the splatter zone. So, the dry cleaning bill will be higher than usual this month (the dry cleaning bill is usually zero dollars.) Hudson spent most of the day napping on the couch. He also watched "Clone Wars" on Netflix (first time--boys who throw up get special t.v. time) and a couple of Ninjago episodes. Then we did a little of the school work he was missing--chapter 8 of House at Pooh Corner. Piglet was brave. Can a WOL and a silly old bear really be trusted to hoist a Piglet up to the topsy-turvy mail slot? Piglet is not sure at all. We also learned about an animal named a pink fairy armadillo in the animal encyclopedia. It is as cute as you might imagine. We did not accomplish any math or spelling.
2. I don't want to forget that the kids still call us Mommy and Daddy. I don't know when that stops. Never is fine with me.
3. I got a fairly severe paper cut one day last week, and I under-reacted just to model for Helena that it is possible to reign it in. It bled and everything. It was her story Bible that did the cutting. Like an actual sword! Does anyone remember Bible drills wherein we would present our Swords before we frantically rifled trying to find Haggai before our friends did at the Wednesday night church festivities?
4. A few months ago I inadvertently requested a large print book from the library. It was a delightful mistake! Now I do it on purpose! While also utilizing my readers. The font ends up being about a centimeter high.
5. Harper started Suzuki piano lessons in June, and she is making nice progress. I am re-learning with her and, this time around, I love to practice. She seems to really enjoy it too. Just as she did with our gymnastics class (a cartwheel on the high beam! A bounder on the trampoline! A back hip circle on the bars..) she is intent on the next skill, and she works and works. We stopped gymnastics in May and it's possible she can't do any of those skills anymore. At least she can still play piano when she is 85. The bounder on the trampoline? Doubtful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
What is a bounder? Is Hudson better?
It is like a front handspring. You bound from both feet into a handstand then flip over. Try one right now. They are just the thing for pregnant ladies.
Post a Comment