Monday, April 21, 2014

Monday's child has blood on face, part 2

Historically, any time there has been a Major Blog Lapse it has been for Reasons Technological. Let's just blame it on that and not my General Malaise and Inability to Get Things Accomplished in a Timely Manner.

I have a computer now that will do what the ipad simply refused to do, which is let me post pictures in blogger. So the previous post will now show you the snake in all its glory, AND I can show you this treasure, taken this very night:
Hudson has had a wiggly snaggle tooth on the top for at least 3 weeks now. Every few days, the husband would give it a wiggle and deem it "not quite ready." However, we needed to exercise some caution because the last tooth that was wiggly got SWALLOWED. Hudson was eating some naan with hummus for lunch one day and he said, "Mommy. My hummus got crunchy for a minute, and now my tooth is just gone." (it is okay if this makes you feel queasy. Me too.) Anyway, the Daddy had to draft an elaborate legal document Explaining Things to the Tooth Fairy. The Tooth Fairy responded (imprudently, in hindsight) that she could let the swallowed tooth slide JUST THIS ONE TIME. Which is why, I suppose, Hudson insisted tonight that the Daddy yank the tooth, even though it clearly was not quite ready to leave its spot. Which reminds me that the Tooth Fairy needs to go rustle up a dollar before she goes to bed.

I woke up to what can only be deemed a minor Resurrection Miracle yesterday morning. I made some hot cross buns (which were actually just some Bisquick with raisins thrown in and some icing on top because I overslept and didn't have time for yeast etc.) and this put everyone in a great mood. Harper was feeling so charitable that not only did she help Helena get dressed while I took a shower, but for the first time EVER in the five years since Helena has been alive, she condescended to MATCHING DRESSES. Behold:
 It was all Helena had dreamed it might be, and more. At this point in the day, it is clear that Harper's magnanimity has reached its peak. Incidentally, The B's gave us these lovely dresses several years ago and I noticed Helena's is a size 24 months and Harper's is a size 5T. It has been a LONG time coming.

And here we are, smiling about Jesus setting the world free. You might also notice that we are standing in a little patch of bluebonnets, which are, of course, the state flower of Texas. So our thanks also go out to those Texans who set Texas free from Mexico on this day in 1820.
 

 
 
Now that I have no excuses, the posting is going to be more frequent. I promise.
 

3 comments:

margiebmiller@gmail.com said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Margie said...

I laughed out loud about the tooth fairy...she needs bells and reminders around here to remember, and is frequently given unhappy Why Didn't You Remember? letters from beneath pillows even so.

Margie said...

Yay!!! So glad be back here and see you are back. Happy San Jacinto Day and happy late Easter. My girls were dressed in lovely, lovely dresses and looked cleaner and fresher than they had in a lonnnngggg while, and I neglected to take a single shot. Why? We were late to the Easter service, of course!