So, in hindsight, it was probably not the optimal environment in which to review grammar and also borrowing and carrying. There was a blank expression regarding "6+8" during which I lost all grace and decorum (did I also lose consciousness? perhaps.) and the poor pupil in question might never love math again.
We started back with Classical Conversations. I documented it.
In which I attempted to follow the first rule of photography, even though our house faces due east and it was 8:15 am:
In which I decided to ignore the first rule of photography and got a much better shot.
Helena is in a class this year and the first day was a little wobbly. She does this thing where she pretends she is really shy and it involves trying to hide her entire body behind/underneath my body. It might appear to be cute. It is really not.It is especially disastrous if I am wearing a skirt or dress. I think she is just not quite ready for Charlemagne and the seven kinds of biomes and the eight parts of speech. Alas, she is along for the ride regardless. Maybe she will do better this week when I am not in there with her. Thankfully, her tutor is a very sweet mom of five who will, no doubt, know just how to handle her.
And that is two days in a row!! What will the future bring?? Will I post selfies of my new (short!) hairdo? Will I finally post to the book blog? The suspense!!

No comments:
Post a Comment