I just can't seem to get back on a good schedule for blogging. Even so. I won't let that stop me! I have been trying to do some other writing. Also lots of reading. Which I really need to document on the other blog. And I WILL. SOON. Until then, let's review a little of our summer thus far.
Hudson draws all the time. Approximately 95% of the time he draws Ninjas. The other 5% is dedicated to his beloved scarlet tanager.

Harper amazes me with her drawing and general artistry. She sat up in the fort yesterday evening and sketched this monarch. It's on watercolor paper which I suppose means she plans to paint it at some point. The artistic temperament is still in effect too, in case you wondered.
One afternoon we played in the rain. Harper dressed Sasha the stuffed puppy in his rain gear. Hudson wore his pj's and also, naturally, his socks and Keens.

We did a three day vacation Bible school (our first EVER) at our new church. Then we did a week long vacation Bible school at our old church. I dropped them off and had three hours all to myself every morning. Mrs. R and I enjoyed Costco and Ikea. I also got quite a bit of reading done. I ate breakfast at a different place each day. It is around 30 miles from our house, so I had an excuse not to drive all of the way home and clean and be otherwise productive. I was forced to go sit someplace and drink coffee and read and eat croissants. This is the best picture I got. Harper loves capturing significant events with a cheery disposition.
I practiced a fishbone braid on Harper's mane. I need to work on my speed if we are actually going to incorporate it into our morning routine in any useful way.
That will have to do.
4 comments:
We are all duly impressed with the butterfly. Excellent.
The VBS picture made me chuckle. And I look forward to your book blog update. One of my plans for this (our first) home school year is to read aloud a chapter book each week. And I need some titles to add to my list!
Wow! Your budding young artists make very impressive work.
Whenever we one day get ourselves and our children together, please teach my daughters to braid. They would love you forever. (I can, but the resist my instruction b/c they believe simply twisting the hair is braiding..)
Post a Comment