Monday, October 8, 2012
Mood swing
We are just back from a few days with the Grandparents Pate. The two
huge pecan trees in their backyard (which were mere twigs when they
moved into the house when I was Hudson's age) had a bountiful harvest
this year, and they needed all the little helpers they could get to
gather them up, shell them, and eat them. Thekids all like pecans (which I never did until I grew up and got some sense) though Helena does tend to chew each one for about 20 minutes and then decide she might want to spit it out instead of actually swallowing it.
We went to the Tugboat Island park (and saw a real tugboat pushing a barge down the Neches River! The kids barely glanced at it because they were in such a hurry to get to the faux tugboat on the playground.) Then Helena really wanted to swing on the tire swing and thought it important that at least one of the other two join her. They declined, and this was very sad news indeed. She then decided that I was not being very sympathetic to her plight, and she progressed through the five stages of grief. While I showed great sensitivity by taking many pictures:


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Those pics are priceless. She's beautiful, by the way.
The five stages of grief - that is too funny. Only because I often see the very same thing at my house, over the most trivial things such as not being allowed to eat Oreos before dinner. Oh the drama!
Well, at least Helena will have a little grit. No adversity can be created like that which one encounters on the road of life, eh?
Oh poor Helena! Look at these expressions they indeed are so soooo priceless so expressive your little girl! Did the others take notice of her pain? I remeber once my sister's son said to her "MUM ITS JUST SO UNFAIR" she took a deep breath and said "like most things in life" so get used to it and stop winging...I nearly fainted. I was so upset I nearly joined the poor fellow then I thought....well actually that is pretty true and weather we like it or not better learn at a young age...she also had some fanous sayings about being allowed freedom...of choice, information and to speak but be mindful of the possible outcomes which frightened the life out of poor boys. Still now they are all very accomplished young people....! I think being a mum is one of the most frightening jobs ever. How can one possibly not want to go and cuddle and wipes those tears away....make it better and all. None of which has much to do with actually helping them grow up and cope with grief of all sort of kinds....:)))
I love your posts did I say that before?!:) mxxx and one X especially for Helena
Oh my goodness, this is just so funny. And if I could "Like" Zoe's comment, I would!
Great title, Patti. Glad you are back. :)
Post a Comment