What else is going on here? A couple of boxes still stashed here and there, but for the most part, we are unpacked. We can get both cars in the garage, but it is TIGHT. To take the trash out, I have to empty my body of all air and do a Cirque du Soleil move to keep from amputating my lower leg on the minivan license plate, but we can get both cars in there. Anyway, I even have shower curtains now, including a new one I got at Target that has birds on it:
We want to a Sugar Land Skeeters game:
Today we went to a local church which, for a sizable fee, will let you play on their Noah's Ark splashpad/swimming pool. The kids had a fantastic time. At one point, my little man friends Tram and Dex were talking to me and we made up a little rap that celebrated all the fun they were having with their (water) guns at Noah's Ark. They stared at me with dazed expressions, which made me realize that if you don't have a gangsta for a mama maybe the raps are a little startling. I'm pretty sure Mrs. Noah probably made up a similar little something to sing with Shem, Ham and Japheth.
The husband has been spending MUY tiempo on the yard. We still have the motor-less mower, but he bought a pretty fancy weed-eater to prove we are Legit. The grass seems to be doing well, and the free trees are working hard to someday make shade in the backyard. I am OVERJOYED to report that we seem to have ZERO roaches. We have had to deal with two extremely robust spiders in the house (and many small ones), some fire ants, and the neighbors have been warning us about the fact that legions of MICE seem to disregard the fact that we have paved their paradise and put up our houses. That freaks me out less than roaches, which I realize is WEIRD. I don't invite mice, mind you, but at least they are mammalian.
Okay then.

4 comments:
T was very impressed by your "song" as he called it. He mentioned it to Reagan and me. I think because it had the word "gun" in it- he has a new respect for you.
Yay for no roaches! Starting to see a few around here, and I'm ready to scream EXTERMINATE. Was thinking of starting Trumpet of the Swan for our next book after the Chronicles are done (we're on book 6).
And you can walk to the pool? Fabulous. (I have to say the conveniences of which you write make me long more and more for the 'burbs.) Frequent visits to the pool will have them swimming in no time. Caveat: When they're ready - finally decided it's a personality thing, although I think this is Sarah's year. After two years of floaties in the big pool, she finally declared them fit only for babies. Perhaps we're getting somewhere.
Ahh - finally caught up! I CAN NOT believe it had been since June that I had commented. That is not acceptable. Looking back on this, though, Sarah did NOT learn how to swim so we're springing for non-pool lessons (they were free with our membership) first thing next summer. I aim to get her swimming without assists within the first 2 weeks of June.
Post a Comment