Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Maybe every other day is more realistic

We've been a little busy, which is not our natural state. And, as if to physiologically rebel, Harper is sick. So sick that at our dear Izzy's swimming party this morning, she asked to leave the swimming pool to go inside to LIE DOWN. Also she was not at all interested in the adorable cupcakes. This has NEVER EVER happened. She is currently napping and when she wakes up, we are off to see the pediatrician, who, when I called, actually had no record for her because I realized she hasn't been sick enough to go to the doctor since she was 2.

We went to Dallas for a few days last week to see our teeny, beautiful new niece. Harper and Hudson loved the cousin time with the big sisters, and I got to do this for a very long time:
I love newborns. Tiny little warm loaf of bread.

We checked out some Maisy books from the library a few weeks ago, and this kid named Avner had written his name really big in the front of two of them. Yesterday, out of the blue, Harper said, "I wonder what Avner's mommy was doing when he was writing his name in the library books?" which made me laugh. Also, she and Hudson have started playing a game they call "Baby". This is how it works: Hudson sits on the arm of the big red chair and starts crying about something. Then Harper will go over and pick him up and carry him a couple of feet and say something kind. A couple of days ago when they were playing, he started crying and saying "I'm hurt MAMA!" in this baby voice, but instead of picking him up, Harper walked away and announced, rather callously over her shoulder, "I'm going to go exercise" and went into the other room. Lovely. And, for the record, the words, "I'm going to go exercise" have not crossed my lips in MONTHS.

1 comment:

Maria Smith said...

Hope she gets better soon! Its not very nice when any of the family is suffering let along the kids...
Hope its nothing serious! Mxx