My friend
Jamie wants to be famous (unlike Ross King, who wanted to make GOD famous. No judgment.) So, in honor of not having a point, here are some completely unrelated things that have happened in the past 24 hours. Hudson got down his little handwriting workbook (purchased at that venerable curriculum source also known as the Dollar Spot at Target) this morning, put on these fake headphones that I think came with one of those extremely cheap plastic sets of Policeman Gear, and made a loud (actually, it was a little rude) announcement that we all needed to Quiet Down Because He Needed To Concentrate. Which was funny considering Harper was doing something very quiet in her room and I was changing Helena's diaper which, THANKFULLY, is not usually a noisy undertaking. Senses are assaulted for sure, but not usually anyone's hearing. Anyway, he did consent to a very quiet photo session:

Helena was a little bit of a rascal today. She is very fast and likes nothing better than stealing, for example, sippy cups and snacks that do not belong to her. So sorry to you Adelaide, Aiken, little girl at the park with the Happy Meal, and other little girl at the other park with the Dora sippy cup. However, when I go get her in the morning (at 8:30, mind you!) she is usually doing this:

I noticed the other day that sometimes if she's feeling a little sleepy when she is playing in her room, she will go over and stick her right hand through the slats of her crib, pinch a bit of gingham sheet and pop her fingers in her mouth for a minute. It's a good thing she does extremely adorable things like that or I might not be so forgiving with all of the theft issues and general mischief. But really:

This girl is reading up a storm.

She is recently very taken with the Mr. Putter and Tabby series by Cynthia Rylant. I actually enjoy them too. We also discovered two new books for me to read to her in which a stuffed stingray plays a major role, and there was great gnashing of teeth when we had to return them to the library today. Frankly, I was ready. We have had them for the maximum six weeks and have read them through multiple times. They are very cleverly written though, and who would have ever imagined another little girl who dearly loves a plush stingray?? King Solomon, that's who. Nothing new under the sun etc. The titles are
Toys Go Out: Being the Adventures of a Knowledgeable Stingray, a Toughy Little Buffalo, and Someone Called Plastic, and
Toy Dance Party: Being the Further Adventures of a Bossyboots Stingray, a Courageous Buffalo, and a Hopeful Round Someone Called Plastic. I had to edit out a few things because they are geared toward slightly older kids. Also, the StingRay in the books is a girl, and Harper insisted that I change all of the female pronouns to male, because her stingray, Stingray-ee, is a boy (even if he does wear red pajamas with tiny hearts on them that are a touch too snug)

That got pretty confusing, and she would correct me every single time if I slipped up and said "she" or "her" accidentally. Harper also brought Stingray-ee to church last Sunday morning and she dressed him up by putting a tiny little argyle sock on his tail, and tying on a bow-tie, which I thought was very reverent. She's a funny kid. She got the camera and took this picture at the park awhile back:

And, with a photo, taken by a 5 year old, of a stuffed stingray basking in the sun on a boulder at the park, I bring What's Your Point? Wednesday to a close.
7 comments:
Who's Ross King?
Swiper was in rare form today, but Aiken's Swiper II. No judgement there. I just need to be better at watching the little guy. Helena is a lot quicker, b/c she's older and lankier.
He's a singer-songwriter who titled a couple of his albums back in the 90's "To Make God Famous." I believe there were two volumes. I am nothing if not obscure in my allusions. I'm trying to be like Dennis Miller.
To which I say - who's Dennis Miller?
So in the What's Your Point? category, I got sensory overload tonight in the car while, as my mother in law is in town and sat in the front seat while Hubby drove, in the backseat both girls talked unceasingly to me at the same time on the way to the most-delicious-ever burger restaurant (to which I will take you if you ever visit me here and you will never be the same). I'm not sure the above sentence is grammatically correct, but I don't have the brainpower to edit it. I have just awakened from a nap on my bed while fully clothed, having escaped there after frustratingly trying to get the girls to stop talking already and go to sleep.
Hudson took the words right out of my mouth. I need some pretend headphones.
Oh, Joanna. I'll explain the Genius That Is Mr. Miller at another time.
Margie--I would love to experience the burger beyond compare with you. The husband and I are in talks for a DFW trip at some point this summer. I'll even convince Hudson to loan you his headgear. My mom always offers to sit in the way back with Harper and I think it is only tolerable to her because she is slightly deaf AND much more patient than I am with the word barrage.
Dallas trip, yeah!!!
I love that stingray more every time I see him.
Also, if you have not already purchased it, The Avett Brothers cd 'Emotionalism' is only $3.99 on Amazon right now.
http://www.amazon.com/Emotionalism/dp/B0011YYOVK/ref=zg_bs_digital-music-album_4
Post a Comment