Sunday, March 14, 2010

Me upon my pony

We went to the rodeo yesterday and it was a glorious day. This was taken seconds before the Hudson boy decided he would, on second thought, prefer not to ride the Ferris wheel, thank you very much.
Notice that Harper appears to be gazing into the distance with a look of hopeful anticipation, while Hudson looks a little Wild About The Eyes.
Next, the kids rode ponies.
I got sunburned. At the end of the trip we realized we had spent enough money to actually purchase our very own pony. Harper tried out a tractor.
We enjoyed seeing the day old piglets and lambs and calves. We partook of some mutton bustin' and Harper has decided that she definitely could do it, but is uncertain that she definitely would do it. I think the husband, after watching a little girl bust her mutton right into the arena fence has definitely decided that his daughter will never, ever mutton bust.

Today we got out of the car after church and I realized that the kids looked pretty cute AND I happened to have my camera in the backpack so I tried an impromptu photo session.



No comments: