I'm giving myself two weeks to decide on a three day window to stay home and finally potty train the Hudson boy. We're already a few months past the age Harper was. We've had some really nifty little underpants at the ready for several months now and I've been talking those up. We've done several trial runs and yesterday, while he ran around in some Mater undies, he stopped suddenly, gasped, and said, "There's a DINOSAUR!" A dinosaur? I asked. Where? "In my UNDIES," he explained, "I need a diaper on." There may or may not have been a dinosaur-like NOISE that led him to believe there might be a prehistoric reptile residing in his undies.
Yesterday we made our yearly pilgrimage to the St. Luke's pumpkin patch. When we got there we realized that the camera, which had been put into one of the velcroed pockets of Hudson's cargo pants (when you are a small boy, sometimes you need to be convinced that your pockets are useful so that you can be persuaded to wear pants) had not arrived with us. The husband went to get it out of his pocket and Hudson informed him, rather cheerfully, that he'd taken the camera out and left it at home. Since we have no actual pumpkin patch pictures, here's a picture of Harper painting a picture of a pumpkin:

4 comments:
She's a lefty? Good for her!
I have really enjoyed all these recent posts of yours, and I'm sure I'll never think of good ol' Kenny's song in quite the same way again. The idea of a sermon series is intriguing. :)
It appears that both Harper and Hudson are going to be lefties. As are three of my four nieces (both of my brother's daughters and one of my husband's sister's twins) This is especially fascinating considering that not one other family member on either side is left-handed.
Okay, so potty training. If you're successful with the 3-day plan, will you send me your notes? Sarah's pretty stubborn (no surprise there), and simply WON'T on the potty, even after Hours. But, of course, after she hops off and is back in the diaper - presto! Just read another post about PT, but the picture speaks for itself: http://texasnorth.wordpress.com/2009/10/26/um-2/
The dinosaur story is a keeper. That's hilarious!
Those family connections are a little hazy in my mind, but what I am fairly sure I caught is the fact that all those lefties you mentioned are female (excepting Hudson, of course). I thought it was more common for men to be left-handed than women?
My dad is a lefty and so am I. When David started showing favor at a young age for sucking his left thumb, I assumed that meant he would be left-handed, too. But on the contrary, that meant his right hand was free to do stuff, and now he's solidly right-handed.
Post a Comment