Thursday, September 3, 2009

seven months



We like nicknames here. Lately the husband has been referring to Harper as Big Little, Hudson as Middle Little, and Helena as Little Little. She is, at seven months, still very little little. This lends itself to a certain agility. She is crawling. AND pulling up. WHILE reading:
She still won't really sit by herself. I'll put her down on her bottom and she immediately gets on her tummy and into crawling position. I wondered with the other two why in the world there was a strap on the changing table. For Helena Jane, that's why. Changing her (size 2) diaper involves some major dexterity on my part. She kicks and flips and arches--I really think there might be serious gymnast potential. She's had a little cold this week and I've had to utilize the Dreaded Bulb Syringe. She sees that bottle of saline coming and whip-POW she is NOT having it. I have squirted saline in her eyes, mouth, ears, and, occasionally, in her nose. Last night she slept for 12 hours--or at least I think she did. I turned the monitor off in my sleep at some point, so it's possible she cried for hours on end and I simply couldn't hear because she is over in the west wing. Let's hope not. Harper and Hudson are paying more attention to her now that she's a little more interesting. I love how Hudson says her name--it's Huh-YAY-nuh. He likes handing her things, like his special puppy, and telling her that they are "veh-yee FRAGILE." He also enjoys relaying the news that "HuhYAYnuh spit UP," which happens pretty often, especially when she is participating in the aforementioned crawling and pulling up. Harper likes going in and talking to her when she's just awakened. We had to lower her mattress this week because she was doing lots of this:
She has also decided she likes sleeping in a fleece sleep sack. I like that it contains her to some degree. I still haven't tried giving her any food yet. Maybe this month..

1 comment:

Maria Smith said...

Adorable she is! I love her smile! Patti you are such a lovely mum! Do you write diaries for the kids?
I can;t believe Helena has not tried yet the solids?! Over here they start with porrage for a few months...I started at 4 months (I mean I started R. Does that mean you still breas feed? Gosh I am amazed....well and truley! I breastfed for an entire 9 weeks and there was nothing in them....tried soooo hard! I am curious how this second one goes!:)))Mxx