Harper has been writing quite a few harmonica songs, utilizing the three notes she knows, which she refers to as: "High C, Low C, and Medium-sized C." One of the songs has catchy lyrics that go something like, "There is a fast car named Lightning (Lightning) and she likes the color pink. She has a friend named Mater (Mater) and he is ve-ry brown." The chord progression is a little tricky to describe, but there seems to be lots of High C, Low C, High C, Medium-sized C with a little bit of jazzy slide thrown in somewhere around "the color pink." I expect Disney/Pixar to be calling any day now.
The husband and I got to have a date Thursday night while Grandmother Pate was here. The president of the university where he teaches had all of the new professors to his home for dinner. The food was delicious and the conversation was rich. I also got to have lunch with three of my college roommates yesterday, including the radiant Tiffeny, who you would never know just weeks ago walked down a hall at M.D. Anderson and rang a bell symbolizing having finished almost a year of intense treatment for breast cancer. We ate appetizers and RED VELVET CAKE CHEESECAKE and talked, among other things, about the joy in mothering our THIRTEEN kids.

3 comments:
I'm fairly impressed with Harper's attempts to write music, even with a small, plastic harmonica. If she's got "C" then she's on the right track.
So THIRTEEN. That's a huge number between the three of you. So...do the other two have FIVE each???
The FOUR of us: Kathy has five, Karen and I each have three, and Tiffeny has two.
Good for Tiffeny! I'm glad she got to ring that bell. (Well, I'm sorry she ever was in that situation in the first place, but glad that she's overcoming.)
I enjoyed the Rosh Hashanah conversations. Even though Jewish holidays usually make their way into our American calendars, most Americans don't really have a clue about them. Just like I have no clue about Canadian holidays that appear on my calendar...
Post a Comment