Thursday, June 25, 2009

Stellar

So today was one of those days when my performance was sadly lacking. The kind of day where it's a really good thing there isn't a supervisor here to check specific things off on some rubric which will then, at a later date, be used to determine if I deserve a raise or a pink slip. The day started early with the realization that the husband had made a pot of coffee. Which, in general, is a really good thing. Only I had forgotten to dump the leftover coffee from yesterday out of the pot, which made for a tepid mess. Which, in general, is not a really good thing. Helena, after waking up three times last night, has wanted to be held all day. The husband has a fever. Hudson has been squealing and crying for no reason and deliberately knocking over Harper's things and trying to get her attention in other inappropriate ways. Which in turn causes her to fly into this Rage That Is Loud. Which, in turn, causes me to laugh inappropriately. Even though all of the squealing and Raging has awakened Helena, who is now crying inconsolably and wants to be held again. Put that on a loop and replay it around 57 times and that was today. But tomorrow will be better. And here are some pictures from our four day stay with the Grandparents Pate. Oh, and when I tried to explain to Harper that Hudson was only bothering her because he loves being with her so much and is just trying to get her attention, she made this exasperated sound and said/yelled/growled, "HUDSON JOHN! STOP LOVING ME!!" Oh, and let's not get too excited, but Hudson used the potty today for the first time. Actual use, not just sitting on it fully clothed to enjoy a book, which he also enjoys.

2 comments:

Margie said...

You don't have any comments? I LOVE this post, but maybe because I totally get it. The coffee? I did that the day after the night I got zero sleep b/c Sarah had an ear infection. I cried a lot, then. But b/c I lived to tell about it, I can laugh, now. But only b/c we are healthy. As I write. It changes fast.

Deirdre said...

cutie pie! love these photos. and thanks for visiting my blog.