Tuesday, January 27, 2009

This boy I love...


is two years old today. He loves his Daddy, his sister, puppies, cars, the letter 'G', Elmo, coloring, sliding by himself at the park, horses, dancing when no one is looking, his grandparents, bananas, books, and his blue blanket. He is also fond of me in a sweet, consuming way that I never would have been able to imagine when I first held him on this date 730 days ago. He has a gentle, tender spirit. He wants to please us and is extremely sensitive to tone, making discipline a fairly straightforward endeavor at this point. He is not fond of having his picture taken and while he is generally a smiley little fellow, it is very hard to capture. The only other things that displease him in any consistent way are having his sleeves pushed up and not having food instantaneously appear at the very moment he decides he is hungry.

His favored place of repose:
His favored playmate:

I am thankful beyond measure for this son I adore. Happy second birthday Hudson John.

8 comments:

Jamie said...

Happy birthday, Hudson! You and Asher have so much in common (with the only notable exception being Asher prefers the letter "W.")

You are right, Patti--your little guy has such a sweetness about him and it is easy to see how much he adores you.

Chrys and Mike said...

Happy birthday, big boy!

Chrys

Ken said...

I check this blog about 25 times a day waiting to see an update on Miss Helena. Come on, little one.

Happy birthday to Mr. Hudson John. He is precious.

CY

Twil said...

What a great blog. I really have no words to tell you how cool it was. I hope that Harper, Hudson, & soon Helena never go a day without realizing that God has blessed them beyond measure with you as their mother. I know that I never once forget how much God blessed me when He led you to my house for Bible Study one Wednesday night. Thankfully, my life has never been the same as you have taught me so much and have shared so much with me!

Margie said...

Happy Birthday, Hudson! I do wish we lived just a little closer around birthday time, Patti. But Hudson's middle name got me wondering: does Harper's middle name start with "J" too?

Patti said...

Harper's middle name is Anne--like mine and my mom's. Hudson's John is for my dad. I hadn't even thought of the fact that he and Helena will have the same initials! The Jane we just liked, though I'm okay paying homage to Miss Austen.

seymour said...

Actually Margie,

A lot of thought went into the Initials question. We decided we could hand-me-down things, in green, from Hudson to Helena, even if they were initialed. Things like luggage, men's shirts, key chains, and stationary. We're thinkers.

Ken said...

Seymour,
Since all our boys have the same initials, I label things that could be handed down w/ K.Y. (I know...poor kids!). But, if it's something like drink cups or socks that I don't want mixed up, I use a letter and number system; K1,K2,K3.
Carrigan's got it easy since she's our only C. Makes things interesting when we have sitters or grandparents keep the kids and they have to decipher what my "codes" mean. : )
CY