W-O-W. Way to go. I can't wait to know more, and wonder, like Chrys, what the new blog name will become? But you've got bigger fish to fry, like the name of your progeny. And getting enough rest. Or is that just the silliest thing ever to hope for? I'm so happy for you, Patti. And for Harper's wish for a puppy.
Chrys--I like dragonfly. We've been tossing around turtle, but I hadn't thought about the non-compoundedness of it. I've been meaning to respond to your Facebook query about how we know each other but I am currently afraid of Facebook. I'll explain why in a blog at some point. We did not know each other at A&M though we did run in really similar circles. I think we probably met later through Stacie P/B and were at a few Prestonwood gatherings together.
Margie--progeny naming is tiring business around here indeed. The husband and I tend to have different opinions. We'll find out the gender at the next appt. and that helps some. I SO wish we could make Harper's puppy dreams come true. Alas, we've decided a yard must come first lest I lose my mind trying to keep three kids and a dog entertained in the apartment. We're considering a hermit crab because she has fallen in love with one that lives in the zoo aquarium. Although I saw on "Jon and Kate Plus 8" the other night that they only live 6-9 months which would mean if we got one now it would die right around the time the baby comes. I think we can all agree that would be unfortunate timing.
Well, well, well....I was wondering when/if this was going to happen!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm going to live vicariously through you until this one is born and then I'm going to enjoy my sleep and wish to be you no more. : ) Could there be the possibility of 2 by chance? How did you break the news to the Pates? So many questions swirlling in my mind and a huge smile on my face. You've made my night!!!!!!
Speaking of Facebook, Ken has an account and has some unreal amount of friends. He recently did a search on Facebook for PNG grads in 1988. We found Stacey Fountain and I emailed her yesterday. She replied and is doing quite well. She's in Dallas, married, 2 small girls and planning on going in Oct. I don't have a Facebook account, but Ken is constantly on his.
Tell the hubby congrats. We're looking forward to seeing you in Oct.!
8 comments:
EEEEEE! congrats!!!! i'm SO excited. and i don't even know you in real life! (but i really think i knew you in college. seriously.)
you're going to have to change the name of your blog! what other compound word for an animal or insect can we come up with? i humbly submit my list:
bird dog, ladybug and ________?
a. jellyfish
b. dragonfly
c. grasshopper
i am too tired to think any more tonight.
but i sure am excited for you.
truly. what a blessing.
chrys
p.s. i guess if big sister wants a puppy then you might consider:
d. bulldog
chrys
Congratulations!!!
W-O-W. Way to go. I can't wait to know more, and wonder, like Chrys, what the new blog name will become? But you've got bigger fish to fry, like the name of your progeny. And getting enough rest. Or is that just the silliest thing ever to hope for? I'm so happy for you, Patti. And for Harper's wish for a puppy.
Congrats!!!
Thanks friends!
Chrys--I like dragonfly. We've been tossing around turtle, but I hadn't thought about the non-compoundedness of it. I've been meaning to respond to your Facebook query about how we know each other but I am currently afraid of Facebook. I'll explain why in a blog at some point. We did not know each other at A&M though we did run in really similar circles. I think we probably met later through Stacie P/B and were at a few Prestonwood gatherings together.
Margie--progeny naming is tiring business around here indeed. The husband and I tend to have different opinions. We'll find out the gender at the next appt. and that helps some. I SO wish we could make Harper's puppy dreams come true. Alas, we've decided a yard must come first lest I lose my mind trying to keep three kids and a dog entertained in the apartment. We're considering a hermit crab because she has fallen in love with one that lives in the zoo aquarium. Although I saw on "Jon and Kate Plus 8" the other night that they only live 6-9 months which would mean if we got one now it would die right around the time the baby comes. I think we can all agree that would be unfortunate timing.
We are so happy for you guys! Congratulations!!!
Well, well, well....I was wondering when/if this was going to happen!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm going to live vicariously through you until this one is born and then I'm going to enjoy my sleep and wish to be you no more. : ) Could there be the possibility of 2 by chance? How did you break the news to the Pates? So many questions swirlling in my mind and a huge smile on my face. You've made my night!!!!!!
Speaking of Facebook, Ken has an account and has some unreal amount of friends. He recently did a search on Facebook for PNG grads in 1988. We found Stacey Fountain and I emailed her yesterday. She replied and is doing quite well. She's in Dallas, married, 2 small girls and planning on going in Oct. I don't have a Facebook account, but Ken is constantly on his.
Tell the hubby congrats. We're looking forward to seeing you in Oct.!
-Carrie
Post a Comment