
I remember a couple of years ago seeing a picture of Gwyneth Paltrow holding her daughter Apple who was wearing protective headphones because they were at a Coldplay concert and Daddy and his friends are loud when they are plugged in. I thought about it this morning at church because we needed a couple of sets of those headphones. Because Mr. Seay and his band sound a little something like Coldplay AND because, while anthemic tunes probably need to be loud to fill up stadiums, Ecclesia meets in a space closer in size to your living room than a stadium. Harper covered her ears and sang "Alleluia" in a key known only to herself and I covered Hudson's ear while he clung to me like a baby possum and, incredibly, FELL ASLEEP during the second verse of "All Creatures of Our God and King." Our other church never necessitates ear covering because, well, even if the Bach score reads forte, the violins and cellos just can't get that loud. Hudson has never once fallen asleep there.
Speaking of apples, we've enjoyed some good Fujis this week.
No comments:
Post a Comment